Using the leftover fabric from my Prima June 2009 dress, I made Lyra another dress using the Burda Kids 9750 pattern which I have used before.

It’s a very easy and simple pattern to use, and the dress can be made to look different with the addition of pockets and different trims.  Once I had cut the pieces, I managed to sew the main part of the dress in a couple of hours one evening, and I did the button holes the next day.  It helped that I have used the pattern before, but it really does allow you to create a lovely dress for a little one with relatively no stress.

This time I used a Broderie Anglaise trim and I added pockets (obviously essential for Lyra’s iPhone and pack of ten fags).

I would definitely recommend this pattern if you want to make a lovely handmade baby dress (the pattern size goes up to 3 years old).