…is off to a great start! I figure if I have 8 or 9 pieces I can probably pull it off. So, yesterday, I remade the Rooibos pattern in navy twill with the daisy chain fabric. It’s pretty much done but It’s coming up a little short so I[‘m going to add a band of  fabric around the bottom to make it a little longer. I hope it doesn’t spoil the look of it! Here’s everything ready to go:

Raw materials

The raw materials - Pattern preiously traced and cut out, navy twill, green daisy chain fabric and instructions and

All pieces cut and ready to sew

Of course, it wouldn’t be a good sewing day if I didn’t sew at least one thing wrong and have to unpick at least 4 seams, which is exactly what happened. Thankfully everything turned out alright – although I probably need to redo the invisible zip since I couldn’t find it yesterday. I will post pics of the finished product once I have fixed the zip and added my little panel to the bottom. It’s a little on the large side (I forgot the previous one I made was too) so for the next version I’ll make it a size smaller. I also didn’t do the piping, something I promised myself I would this time, mostly because I just didn’t have any cord. Next time, for sure!

After having (alsmost) finished the rooibos dress I was in the mood for more sewing so found a pattern similar to the Beignet Skirt in one of the Burda magazines I subscribed to a while back. I made it in some of the remaining navy twill but have yet to add the little pockets to it (Pics will follow, don’t worry!). It doesn’t have the same elegance though, and I think I will buy the Beignet pattern anyway as it has a nice high waist anda nicer front. I’m also hoping to win the Sencha blouse in the red dotty fabric from the competition at The Sewing Directory which will be lovely with either my Burda skirt or, for a bit more elegance, the Beignet. It’s also one less Colette pattern to buy!

Back to the plot…

For Me-Made-June, so far I have:

The Burdastyle Danielle Dress. (that’s me on the left a good while back. Look at those chins!) This was a free pattern and the first dress I ever made. It’s terrible, but I kind of love it. I ran out of black polycotton and used normal cotton for parts so it’s two different colours, I hemmed it on the wrong side (I know!) and the zip is placd really badly. But it’s ok to get away with under a cardigan for work.

The Rooibos dress – I have two of these now – a maroon one and the new navy one.

The Burda skirt – Very easty to make so I may make another few as staples.

And opefully, soon, the Sencha blouse.

My mission today is to finish the Rooibos and start either the Macaroon  or the Parfait dress. First, there’s CPD to do (damn you, RPSGB!) and some cakes to make…

Advertisements