A quick update to say I have finished making the halter-neck dress (using the Simplicity pattern again)!  Here it is:


Also, I was thinking back to previous sewing exploits, and I forgot to mention I made my friend’s baby a cushion cover to match the curtains in her nursery using this material from kidsfabrics.co.uk:


I have quite a bit of that fabric left and so I’m going to use it to make a cot tidy for the travel cot.  I just need to get some good quality plain white cotton for the background.  I’m going to sew around two rectangular pieces of cardboard to make it sturdy and then sew large pockets on with the curtain fabric.  But who knows when I’ll finish it as I have other crafty things on the go too – knitting and painting!

Advertisements